edelweiss german cafe

Although J #1 could not join us, J #2 was there and we also added a 4th to our little dining entourage,  Molly.. See, I can be friends with people who dont have a J in their name!!
Today we decided on German!

http://www.edelweisscafeusa.com/

Edelweiss Cafe is a decent sized place.
The order for the day- Jager Schnitzel (me) Wiener Schnitzel (Molly) and Jeri had the daily special-Kabobs!  The schnitzel was served with a salad that none of us ate. ( I have braces so some things just dont make it into the mouth these days) and Molly doesnt like the onions or tomatoes that came on it. So I couldnt tell you if it was any good!
The Schnitzel, on the other hand was very good. I had to cut very small bites in order to eat it but was worth the effort.. And the gravy was very yummy and a rich, creamy brown with mushrooms and onions. I don’t eat mushrooms themselves, but I do like the flavor they give foods.
I drowned my pommes (french fries) in extra gravy. It makes them so much easier to get past the braces. :)   They were just as good.
The girls also enjoyed their meals. Jeri’s Kabobs came with a redish sauce that she said was very good. The price wasn’t half bad either even though we did use a coupon from the coupon book from the school fundraiser. edelweiss cafe
We opted for a desert but I couldnt tell you what it was. All I know is that it had a layer of whipped cream, layer of chocolate cake, layer of chocolate mousse and a layer of yellow cake. Dusted in a cocoa powder! 3 forks later the cake was gone! (Thanks Jeri for taking one for the team and finishing it off)
All in all, it was a good meal and again, great conversation…
P.S. Jeri says the Pierogi’s are very yummy! ..

No comments:

Post a Comment